Financial Reporting – Financial Statements
- Review periodic financial statements including disclosures notes as per SBP directives and in accordance with applicable financial reporting framework.
- Review all accounting adjustments to ensure the correctness and completeness of entries incorporated in the financial statements.
- Ensure that financial statements are prepared with integrity and accuracy and are submitted to management & board of directors on time.
- Review board papers to ensure that all agenda related to financial statements is prepared as per the statutory requirements including the Code and Companies Act.
- Ensure segregation of conventional and Islamic business at GL level
Local Regulatory Reporting
- Review Conventional Quarterly Report of Condition to State Bank of Pakistan in order to ensure that it meets the reporting requirements and is timely submitted.
- Review all Regulatory reporting to SBP
Other Financial matters
- Review all entries including period end adjusting entries to be accounted for in General Ledger and ensure their timely posting in correct ledger codes.
- Ensure the close co-ordination with JCR-VIS team for the completion of rating and review information requested from financial team
- Co-ordination with Printers and Agency for publication of annual report on a timely basis
- Coordination with relevant team to upload quarterly and annual financial statements on web site
- Assist Basel II team in compiling the data used for Basel II reporting
- Review periodic reporting to world bank in a timely manner
- Review and assist accounting and reporting requirements of Trust (RSF)
- Review and assist in accounting of PF and GF
Support and advisory
- Co-ordinate with SBP Inspection team, External Auditor and Internal Audit to provide them required information as requested to facilitate them to discharge of their duties.
Compliance and Controls
- Review and update accounting and disclosure policy of PMRC
- Coordinate for different steps of ICFR activities
- Verify that all the controls related to financial reporting have been implemented effectively for seamless reporting.
- Design and implement improvements in financial reporting controls in order to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Required experience, qualification and skills
- Degree in Accounting and Professional Qualification preferable.
- 06 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with IAS/IFRS Standards.
- Strong knowledge in accounting principles and practices and the financial markets.
- Understanding of capital markets.