- Responsible to oversee and manage all risks associated with business and operational activities of the Company.
- Responsible to update adequate structure and monitoring mechanism for credit, market, liquidity and operational risk appetites and to develop and update policies in these areas.
- Act as Secretary to the Board Risk Management Committee and shall be responsible to update Board Risk Management Committee about ongoing risk management activities.
- Head Risk shall be working closely with the Senior Management and Risk Management Committee of the Board to develop and carry-out corporate strategic direction for Risk Management vis a vis business plans.
- Develop strategies for strengthening Risk Management activities of the Company.
- Devise effective Risk Management and reporting framework as per the nature, size and complexity of business and in line with the Board’s approved strategies/polices
- Develop various monitoring reports on Credit, Market, Liquidity and Operational Risk & generating & reviewing exceptions reports.
- Develop and review risk related policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure that the policies correlate with the overall organizational objectives and risk management framework approved by the Board.
- Recommend all credit limits to the competent authorities for approval (Credit and Risk Committee, Board Risk Committee & Board of Directors).
- Develop, manage and update risk rating models.
- Ensuring timely compliance with all regulatory requirements and timely submissions of all regulatory returns pertaining to Risk Management.
- Implement Basel III (Capital Adequacy) requirements as when updated by SBP along with performing stress testing and periodically updating ICAAP.
- Review and recommend investment proposals received from Treasury to ALCO.
- Develop and update Operational Risk Management Framework at PMRC i.e., Operational Loss Reporting, RCSA’s and KRIs.
- Review and oversee Environment and Social Risk (E&S) in the mortgage portfolio of the partner financial institutions
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ideal Candidate should be at least Masters preferably MBA from reputable HEC recognized university and/or CA/CFA certifications.
- At least 10 years of experience in Risk Management Function with 5 years in a senior role of a Commercial Bank or DFI.
- The Candidate should be a professional who possess extensive and in-depth knowledge of risk management and FIs business activities, have understanding of Mortgage Market, have experience of Corporate and FI credit approval Credit Approval, Knowledge of Market, Liquidity and Operational Risk
- Good Analytical Skills